Sunday, February 1, 2009

JOURNALING

For as long as I can remember I've had an interest in the english language particularly writing. While my life has definitely been a rollercoaster ride I never felt compelled 2write down any of my experiences. I always figured who would want 2read about me or anything I would have 2say?
Those feelings changed when Malik Robert Moore came n2 my life. I started journaling throughout my pregnancy. I believe those nine months were the happiest times I've ever experienced. Even when I was told I developed gestational diabeties. It was all good!
When Malik came home, I found it impossible to continue journaling.
Reality set in ! Motherhood wasn't so cute anymore, eventhough the hardwork began. Malik was a still such a joy. He was so sweet, and beautiful. He had these big beautiful brown eyez, he would sometimes look at me as if he could see right thru me and I often wondered what he was thinking ? At times I would talk 2him and he would look at me as if he understood exactly what I was saying. Of course, me being a new mother I often told anyone who would listen how gifted my child was. Oooh but, those times were often overshadowed by the constant crying. Malik was a colicy baby. Which everyone said was normal but, I also noticed Malik would regurgitate after just about each feeding . Now, lets understand I'm not talking about throwing up like babies do when they are full, no I mean milk would gush out his mouth very violently, it often scared me. Now, I had been around babies all my life so, needless 2say I knew that was not normal. I can recall explaining this 2 Malik's pediatrician and she inturn patronized me, assuring me each child throws up and it was normal. Needless 2 say I changed peiatricians at least 3x's. We finally got in touch with a pediatrian who basically saved our lives. We were referred 2Dr. Joan Budd @ Montifere in the Bronx she was the best thing that happened 2us!
As Malik's life and routine started 2change from us getting early intervention thru Dr.Budd
I started 2 journal again. It was so refreshing 2start a whole new chapter of our lives. Journaling basically saved me all over again. Some years later I submitted a story which was inspired thru my entries 2 an organization called "Familes Of Children Under Stress "(FOCUS) Our story appears in the November/December 2006 issue, the web address is : http://www.focus-ga-org/
Writing that article helped me 2 remember how theraputic journaling had been. I can say now with all honesty I can't ever imagine life without me journaling !

3 comments:

  1. Thats wonderful. I started writing in a journal years ago. I address most of them to my father in letter form. It started out as a way of venting, and eventually i realized i had documented some very important and interesting aspects of my life. Shannel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Journally is great. I also have a prayer book. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra your journal is very nice. i enjoy reading it.god bless. Gretchen...

    ReplyDelete