Sunday, February 22, 2009

WHY

The federal "vaccine court" has rejected claims that either measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) vaccine or thimerosal in vaccines caused childrens autism.
I am torn when it comes to speaking about this vaccine subject. As a parent with a child of Autism, I no 1st hand how difficult it is to deal with this developmental disorder. It's very frustrating and confusing so, I understand parents wanting to figure out a reason why/how this disorder came into their lives thru their children.
I no thru life experiences that there is a reason 4everything. When I first learned of my pregnancy fourteen years ago, I was ecstatic. I immediately ceased all negative behavior and I began 2do everything right. During my pregnancy I had regular pre-natal visits to my midwives, I took my iron and vitamin pills, and when I developed gestational diabeties I was worried & scared but, I followed the midwives/doctors instructions and monitored my glucose reading, seeing a nutritionist, and giving myself insulin shots 2x's a day. So, a few years later when we received Malik's diagnosis we were baffled! I knew I had followed all my doctors orders like I was supossed 2!
Ova the years I've learned that in oda 4me 2cope with Malik's developmental disorder I stopped looking 4reasons why, and learned 2dealt with it. Within the last 5 or 6 years I had been hearing about the vaccine controversy. Since, no one really knows what causes Autism, parents started 2notice after their children got their 1st year vaccine shot the children started 2regress in their learned behavior. I believe those parents may be warranted in their belief but, that was not the case with us.
I noticed something wasn't right with my son's behavior way b4 his 1st year vaccine shot.
I became concerned with Malik when he acted as if he couldn't hear, I would call his name and he would not respond, I noticed he had weak muscle tone, I would promp him up on the bed and in the fold of our sofa and he would just roll over onto his side as if his back couldn't hold him up, and when I would let him stand and hold him by his arms it was like his arms and legs couldn't support his weight. I noticed something else about Malik, we would often visit my moms house and she had a ceiling fan. We would lay Malik on his back and he would become mesmerized with the fan's circular motion. He would stare, and stare, and stare at the fan! I do realize that kids often stare at objects that are different and new 2them but, Malik would look at that fan as if it were speaking 2him. At times, he would look in my eyes with that same intensity. Now, I am no doctor as I previously stated but, I knew something was not quite right with that behavior. Keep in mind that during this time his regurgitation during feedings were a whole other story within itself.
As far as Malik crawling, walking, and talking those behaviors were significantly delayed! When he crawled he crawled backward then he just stopped, when he talked, he said basic words then he just stopped. Malik started walking when he was about 18months.
Any logical person would try & figure out why or what happened 2 their child I can respect and understand that but, I've come 2the conclusion that trying 2understand WHY is not as important 2me anymore. I really didn't need a court ruling 2reaffirm why! years ago I learned
GOD SAID SO, THATS W H Y !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment