Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Encouragement

I've been receiving such positive feedback from everyone about my blog, it has been wonderful! The encouragement means so much 2 me its hard 2 actually put it in words. My heart is so full, its just a beautiful feeling!
Especially since this whole blogging thing is such a new concept 2 me. I cant believe how comfortable I am with it. There was a time when talking about Malik's challenges used 2be difficult 4me. I felt as if no one understood or could relate 2what was happening 2 us. I couldn't think of anyone who had a child like mine. Not a friend, co-worker, or family member and because of that type of thinking I subconsciously begain 2 shut down from everyone. I went thru a period where I blamed myself first, then my husband! After I played the blame game I became very angry. Angry at everyone! I know during that time alot of my friends and family members couldn't understand my behavior well, it was because I couldn't understand it myself. It was around this time Malik entered the Early Intervention Program @ The Herbert E. Birch School in Washington Heights, NYC and we began 2live again. Birch was such an excellent program they implemented physical, occupational, and speech therapy in Malik's curriculum and we saw an immediate difference. Through these constant and repetitive therapies Shawn and I regained hope!!! That school was a Godsend the staff nutured, loved, and encouraged Malik 2 his fullest potential ! Thru Birch my family regained ourselves.
All the encouragement felt good then, and it feels really good now !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment