Monday, January 26, 2009

Time for Change

Hello Everyone,
I want 2first start by thanking everyone 4 your support. Especially my family! I'm not sure where Malik, Shawn and I would be if not 4 your continued support. I luv your all very much !!!
I understand some of you are having technical difficulties signing up 2blog hopefully, the problems your having will be worked out soon.
My family's just starting 2 come down off our excitement high from last week's festivities. As you all know we have a new President of these United States !
President Barack Obama ( how beautiful is that ) listening to President Obama's inauguration speech last week I was particulary moved by his admission of change needing 2start with us all ! I was also inspired 2 refocus my efforts on Malik. Since moving 2 Georgia in 03 we've found it a challenge finding adequate summer camp/programs for Malik. Trusting strangers 2care for your child is really difficult 4 any mother, especially when your child has challenges as Malik does.
When we think we've found a good summer camp/program for Malik it usually turns out 2 be in another county, or their hours of operation do not coincide with our work schedule, or it's just too expensive. I've often considered starting a summer program/camp for kids like Malik myself. My camp would consist of physical and speech therapy along with recreational activities that include swimming, basketball, and weekly visits to amusement parks, etc.
President Obama may have just lit a fire under me 2 start my own change ! I figure If not me ..... then who??????

2 comments:

  1. I feel you. If you cant find the help you need, create it yourself. Not only will it be good for you, but others in your situation... ~Shannel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, that is a powerful decision. Please follow your heart and don't let obstacles get in your way. Also please reach out for help. None of us know anything about starting such a thing, but we can all learn together and keep our eyes and ears open for new information. I will check with my pediatric therapist friends to see if they can offer any suggestions on how to get started. Love you. Pam

    ReplyDelete