Wednesday, June 2, 2010

JUST BECUZ WE'RE NOT BLOOD RELATED DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE NOT FAMILY!

Good morning! Good morning! Up very early this mornin' after drinkin' a cup of joe & being w/myself for a min ..i decided 2write!
I have enjoyed these few days off ...i cherish my time w/shawn & malik! Family is so important! I've heard that sayin' growing up all my life ...from my Grandma (Nolia) ... but, always took my fam for granted, that is until I moved away from all of em! ...u knoe the sayin " u never miss what u have until it's gone" ... That's 1 of the reasons i started neglecting the blog ...Facebook became a great way for me to keep n touch w/family and friends I haven't seen or heard from n years ....
I have great memories as a child w/fam growing up. As u can imagine I want my boy 2have the same thing ....and me being the kind of overbearing, protective mother I am .... I wanted 2create great memories 4Malik! ...it's krazy bcuz he understands so much more than I think ...at times I will admit ..I get it twisted ...I will 4get he knoes & he is aware ...although, he can not verbalize it ....I constantly think I need 2remember 4him ..but, I actually dont ....he has his own memory of events !
Yesterday we went 2the camp meeting ...in Rockdale Co ...it was a meeting where they explained the activities the kids would be doing (theatre, arts&crafts, tennis, relay races, bocce, along w/water park outings) we filled out forms &had 1- one -1 time w/camp director, & parents were able 2share their concerns w/the therapist/teachers/counselors about they're child's different behavior patterns .. for instance ...i made a point of letting them knoe Malik will generally stay w/u when ur on outings ..but, at times he tends 2wander off ...so pleaze, pleazzzzzze keep an extra pair of eyes on him @ all times ....a few more parents had the same concern.... I thought it was a great way 2get 2knoe everyone & Malik meet a few new buddies ...
Malik also waited until Tom Mcpike (Rockdale County parks director) was finished w/his presentation and went & tapped Tom on the back while waving his hand he said HI!....I was like WOW ...he remembers Tom...we've gone on outings w/Tom! ..u c, Malik has his own memories ! ... He starts camp on the 21st of june until the 2nd of July! I'm excited Malik will be able 2 create more memories and have a extended family relationship w/Rockdale County Parks and Recreation ..that will last 4 years 2come!
Just becuz there is no blood relation u can still be family....Here's 2 my boy creating new memories w/his extended Fam!

1 comment: