Sunday, May 30, 2010

CAMP AGAIN >>>>> TOBECONTINUED

Tuesday starts the month of June. I'm so excited ...June is the month Malik/we will start summer camp! he will go for the last 2 weeks...( I've never heard of such a thing ..but, apparently n Ga..special needs children attend camp on a weekly basis) ..go figure ..... We r back to the original camp i wanted Malik 2attend n the 1st place ...The 1 in Rockdale County. I changed my mind about this particular camp bcuz the px i thought was steep, and I didnt realize the payment I initially made was for the first week .... I would have to pay each additional week. ...HUH ??? well after checking out a few other places i had my mind set on another camp in Rockdale Co....Malik and I went and toured the facility and liked it ...but evidently the feelings weren't mutual....becuz, I have yet to hear back from them.... what I should do is call Ms. Barrister/camp director and ask her a few questions ... as she did me..... #1...did u not like my boy ? ...2/was it something I said? 3/was it a done deal w/malik attending ur camp when I informed u under no uncertain terms would my child spend the week at ur facility. ....(I'm not knocking that decision for some parents but, it is not my solution.) I will not drop my son off on Sunday and pick him up on Saturday!.....Positively, Absolutely, hell to the nawh,....... N O T! The last time I spoke w/Ms Barrister I asked, if Malik could still attend camp although, I would drop/pick him up each day.....well, as I said I still have yet to hear ne thing ....I guess she's still pondering my question .....
So, we went back 2the drawing board and now we're going w/our original choice ..but, the first 2weeks were booked (what is this a hotel?)....so Malik/we have camp for the last 2weeks n June..... I'm excited for Malik ...he is familiar w/those kids and it will be a great chance for him to interact w/his peers .... I mean..... he is a Teenager! .......( the more i say that, the more I believe it)
As I stated time and time again in previous posts ...since, camp and after school r both such an issue for my family.... I got angry again and wrote our State Rep Hank Johnson & The HollyRod foundation! .......tobecontinued .........................
So, after Malik finishes camp on July 2 ..he will be en-route 2 The Big Apple!!! NYC babe!!
I believe he's anticipating that trip more than camp! .... Each time I mention him seeing all his cuzzins, Grandma/Grandpa, uncle Jr and TT Fonda ...that smile he shines could lite up Times Square!!! I'm just happy he has activities to look 4ward 2 ......becuz, in case u didnt knoe .....I/WE LIVE TO MAKE THAT YOUNG MAN HAPPY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment