Monday, March 23, 2009

REGRETS

To feel sorrow or remorse that's how the word "regret" is defined in the dictionary. In my colorful life pre&post Malik there's not alot I feel sorrow or remorse for.
But, if I had 2pick ne thing I regret, it would definitely be me &Shawn's unconscious decision not 2have ne more kids.
I think a family of 5 is perfect! 2parents along w/2boys & a girl! I think when Shawn & I finally wrapped our brains around the fact that our son would have special needs that would always have 2come 1st we just became so engrossed w/Malik & his life 4years I neva considered another child. I cant speak 4Shawn but, another child was neva a priority honestly, it wasnt a consideration. We became sooooo involved w/Malik we were learning, coping, and basically trying 2save our marriage. During those times even a discussion concerning another child probably would have pushed us both over the edge! truth b told I think we all thought my nephew was always going 2b Maliks brother/cousin/guardian/protector! we all are guilty in taking turns reminding buddah of his responsibility. The we I'm speaking of begins w/me, shawn, my brother, my mom and dad.
We constantly expressed w/seriousness &urgency 2buddah how important it was that he always look after his cuz. buddah was often told how some people may treat malik unfairly &possibly take advantage of him & how it was his job 2 not let that happen. Thinking back I realize how unfair that was 4buddah of course if he saw malik being mistreated I had confidence buddah would tell an adult. but ultimately buddah was a child& being malik's keeper was not his job. His job was being a kid.
Now that we've relocated 2Georgia, and its just us. I used 2feel like I cheated Malik. Cheated him out of having the permanent friend, protection &companionship a sibling could bring. This past summer buddah along w/my NY family came 2visit. Malik was initially happy 2c buddah, then it seemed as if he ignored him and played by himself. We were all shocked. A few weeks after every1 returned 2NY I asked Shawn if he thought we should have given Malik a sibling, 2look after him. Shawn said u no how Malik is. Malik likes things his way, Malik has his scheduled tv programs, his family photos all around him, his playstation, he doesn't want 2share that w/anyone. Shawn went on to say Malik and Buddah will always and 4ever have eachother! but, I no Malik is fine he is his own best friend, he has himself ! and he's fine & happy w/that and, when Malik's happy I'm happy! I thought about what Shawn said and I agree. Malik is a well adjusted 14yo kid. He's always participating in extracurricular activities where he gets a chance 2mingle w/his peers. Malik swims, plays soccer and bball, this summer he will take on a whole new activity. He will begin horsebackriding.
I believe everything happens 4a reason & our decision 2not have ne more children may have been so we could give Malik our full attention & love that he would need 2be the best he can be! & knowing that, theres definitely no remorse or sorrow only happiness !

2 comments:

  1. Malik has all he needs and imagine how hectic it would be with other children. Malik has cousins, aunts, uncles and family that love him when he's ready to be around them. If you didn't make the decision - God would have made it for you. Your marriage is Malik's foundation and we(family)will always be there for you, Shawn and him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean it would have been nice 2 have another lil loser around,but brother leek is definetely straight this way 2.he is surrounded by luv from every angle n thats the most important thing.that was deep,u surprisin me girl lol .Jr. i luv yall losers

    ReplyDelete