Sunday, March 1, 2009

STAND UP MEN

This post I'm about 2rite is off the subject abit. So, plz bear with me. I feel that there have been extra special people n my life who helped me years ago deal with everything I was going thru. I think everyone will agree, most women r usually very strong and can handle life's ups &downs with ease ! So when my mother, aunts, female cousins, and inlaws rallied round me it felt natural. But, when the men n my family did the same I was truly grateful & amazed!
Often, our lives are so busy and complicated its not hard 2understand how truly difficult it is 2find time just 2say 2our men. THANKS, IM SO PROUD OF U ! just 4being there & being U!

My Dad is truly a kind & giving soul. When we got our diagnosis as always, he stepped n 2protect and comfort his "little girl" I will never forget his strength and love during those difficult times. He was then and will always be my HERO! THANKS Daddy, 4being there &being U!

My brother Jr & I have always had a special bond! which definitely continues 2this day. It's funny when we were growing up we couldn't stand each other but, as soon as I moved out we became very close. I've grown 2 respect and value his opinion, I am so proud of my brother he is so wise. I often joke with him and ask "when did u get so smart?" Jr is like my consultant (smile) we talk about everything. His ability 2rationalize a situation is remarkable 2me. I am proud of him 4being a Great person & an even Greater Father! THANKS Jr, 4always being there &being U!

Although, my cousin & I were seperated by distance I no I was always n his heart as he was n mine! My cousin Darcy"Landy" Greene has always been encouraging,understanding & my own personal cheering squad. At times we talked 4hours on the telephone. Those times meant so much 2me. Thats why I'm especially happy now that the world is finally getting a chance 2 experience his worth, his beautiful heart, mind and spirit. Today, Landy is a father himself and an accomplished entrepreneur he has a successful medical coding business. Words cannot express my genuine love, pride & admiration and my undying THANKS 4being there & just being U!

Last but certainly not LEAST, My husband Shawn! he is my strength, my betta half, my friend, and my awesome support system ! Shawn balances me out perfectly! He is levelheaded, has a great sense of humor, he has an all around wonderful disposition and optimism! His optimism is a characteristic I have learned 2appreciate. Shawn can c a rainbow during any type of storm. That characteristic he possess amazes me, especially back when it seemed like it constanly rained bad news concerning Malik. I hate 2admit it but, back then that trait used 2infuriate me. I wanted him 2show anger &confusion like I did. I often confused his emotions with not caring as much as me. Which I knew was wrong but, because of my anger It was so much easier 2handle it that way. What I've grown 2appreciate was Shawn nowing way back then how I needed 2hear &believe n a rainbow during those times ! Shawn & I have been thru everything 2gether! I'm often amazed how long we've been 2gether! I want to THANK my wonderful HUSBAND SHAWN 4 ALWAYS being there and being strong & BEING U! I'm so PROUD of the MAN, HUSBAND &FATHER u've grown n2! I couldn't ask 4 anyone better !
Trust &believe, if not 4u I wouldn't have made it thru those turbulent times ! I can say with all honesty&pride "When I grow up, I want 2be just like U!"

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I posted my comment in the wrong place. This is where I wanted to say how proud I am of the men in your life. They are our real role models. This is what real men do.

    much love,
    grandmother & mother-in-law

    ReplyDelete