Friday, August 7, 2009

VERNON FORREST.....RIP!!!!

I just wanted 2take a few moments 2recognize a true champ not only n the ring but, also 4his charitable heart!!!
A few weeks ago Vernon Forrest lost his life in a senseless robbery!!!
I recalled how I first learned of Vernon Forrest's life outside the ring, a couple of years ago during my summer quest for Malik a camp to attend. I saw a program on TV, they did a profile on the young lady who was featured in rapper Big Boi's "I like the way you move" video. The female's name is Ki Toy Johnson (she also happen to be Big Boi's sister in law )
She along w/a few others stared a Organization called Destiny's Child Inc.
I immediately called the organization hoping Malik could get into the summer program. That's when I learned Mr. Vernon Forrest was one of the founding members of the organization.
Although, the program could not accommodate our needs, becuz at the time the organization dealt w/adults with special needs. The organization helped w/daily personal needs of the individuals and offered housing.
It is still a wonderful organization. I continue to check and watch the organization grow each year, I also keep it in my "favorites" on my computer.
So, this news saddens me 2no end .... What a terrible lost to society!!!!!!~~
Not only did his family lose a son, brother, father, and a friend, the World has lost a good MAN with a Wonderful Heart!!!

VERNON FORREST, MAY YOU REST IN PEACE!!!


Click the link below for more info on the organization:
http://www.destinyschildinc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment