Monday, April 6, 2009

SISTAGURLZ

Recently, I've gotten back n touch w/a few of my friends. I met my sistagurlz at my ole job. My sistagirlz & I spent a large part of our adult life on the Trading Floor of The New York Stock Exchange where we worked 4the brokerage firm Shearson Lehman Brothers. Shearson is where we formed lasting relationships. We remained friends throught each of our job changes on the floor, I started my career @ Shearson Lehman Brothers, then Bear Stearns (where I spent the majority of my career) and finally a year and 1/2 @ Credit Lyonnais. All together I worked on the floor for bout 15years!
As you can imagine I have alot of great memories from that place. I learned how 2work w/people, I learned how 2be more responsible, and of course I met my sistagurlz. One of my dearest & closest friendships was formed there on the floor w/ Janice a.k.a Jan-Ice she has been constant n my life from the very beginnning. Along w/Wendy a.ka HOPS & Anne.
Ova the years, w/job changes, kids, & life we all lost contact w/each other. Unfortunately, my friends and I were reconnected thru tragedy. My girl Wendy's son lost his 18year battle w/cerebral palsy! My Goodness, I cant tell u how my heart hurt when I heard that news !!!!
Thru my constant friend, I reached out 2Wen &we talked on the phone like there was no time lost between us! I realized how much I missed her. We talked, laughed, and caught up on the years that had been lost between us. We reminisced on our goodtimes and our other friends from the exchange. After explaining the details of her personal tragedy, she went on 2say so whatz up wit u? how is ur son ? I remembered, she had no clue about Malik and all we had been thru.

My other girl Anne is also a close friend we would talk, laugh and work 2gether 4years again, I couldn't recall how we lost touch but, we did. Feeling wonderful after talking 2my girl Wen, I decided 2try & find my other girl Anne. So, I started searching the internet (which by the way, is a wonderful thang) I went on facebook and figured everyone & their mother was registered ....right???? WRONG ....then, I thought about her daughter ( I was always fascinated by her name Anne combined the 1st 2sylabols of both her sisters names along w/hers and named her daughter)... so u can imagine its an unusual name so,I put her name n the search field and there she was ...I wrote Anne's daughter & she got the message 2Anne 4me. So, needless 2say I had found another friend I hadn't spoken 2n years n a matter of hours....!!! (the internet is a beautiful thaaannnng)
As we spoke & caught up. Again, the same question presented itself "so whatz up wit u? how is ur son?
Suddenly, it was all coming back 2me....remembering why I hadn't spoken 2my girlz n years ..& believe me it had nothing 2do w/job changes ...it waz because of .........ME & MY SECRETS !!!
I waz the one who fell out of touch. Wheneva they asked how everything was w/Malik I always answered vaguely. Most times I lied. I decided n my lil mind I would just avoid questions & ultimately I started avoiding them. I figured all was fair in the game of SECRETS!!!
Of course, now I realize I sacrificed my friendships bcuz I was not able 2share, understand or willing 2let our secret b exposed. It was soooo much easier 2push them away than 2 deal w/it. I thought about all the life changes that happended 2all of us during the times we weren't n touch & was a little sad, but being the true sistagirlz Wendy & Anne r they were both understanding and genuinelly interested in our journey!!!
I'm so glad I was able 2find my girls and make our connection again!
All women should have sistagurlz relationships that allow u 2break up ur everyday routine & allow u 2b U....We all no her ....The U,who's not just Malik's mom or Shawn's wife but, Cassandra a sistagurl indeed!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Real friends will always be there for you no matter how much time passes. Like me and Bunny. Your mother and Shawn told me you had take your time and deal with things your way and with time you would realize how much you are loved and how much support you really have. Your sistagurlz give you that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv this post girl!!! I'm still waiting for our girlz day/nite out:-)

    ReplyDelete